Friday, August 04, 2006

And we have a winner!

The top spot for "most cowardly" politicians now goes to two members of the Seattle City Council, David Della and Nick Licata, for their proposal to put the Alaskan Way Viaduct tunnel replacement plan to the voters. This top spot has been stolen away from the state of California's legislature, who I'm sure will find some way to reclaim the spot soon.

I think I know David Della, actually. I remember growing up down the street from a "Mr. Della." I used to hang out with his son, Brett. Of course, seeing as how Della isn't exactly a unique name, I could be completely wrong.

In any case, I think putting this proposal to voters is a stupid idea. Why do we bother voting for politicians anyway at this point? I mean, if every single proposal is going to end up going to the voters anyway because of City Council members who can't make a decision by themselves to save their lives, or lawsuits by "citizen activists," or whoever, why even bother paying the salaries of politicians?

Agree to the proposal or work to defeat it...but for heaven's sake, quit making the entire business of running the government to a vote! We elect politicians for a reason!

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I think I am the Mr. Della. Does Tuscany ring a bell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home